There are certain Dos and Don’ts that one needs to have in mind while making a purchase in the real estate. Following these few simple rules will make your purchase a more convenient one.
While choosing an apartment in Kolkata, one needs to be very careful. Many things are to be kept in mind while making an investment in real estate:
1. First and foremost is the budget, which needs to be decided first. It is advisable, that while buying or renting an apartment, the EMI or rent has to be one-third of the income or nearby.
2. In order to maximize the search, one can make use of multiple apartment search service. This would help you to get an idea of the approximate cost of that area as well.
3. While finalizing, it is of utmost importance that you check for the property owner name online. Investigate that whether previously the apartment had any complaint, lawsuits or any other dispute.
4. After making a choice, visit your apartment as frequently as possible to check whether everything is going fine or not. Investigate the apartment thoroughly and keep a watch over any signs of neglect. Check for any sign of rust, leak or pest problem as well. Do not leave any stone unturned while making this thorough check of the apartment and its surroundings. If there is any problem that needs urgent attention, bring it to the notice of your Landlord or Builder. Also keep a watch on the insulation, water supply, constant electric supply etc. You should also check your electrical plug-points while it is being done.
5. Notice your neighbour, and point to them which activity of them can cause trouble for you. Similarly, you should also not do any such thing which might cause trouble for them. Sorting out these problems beforehand will enable you to avoid any confusion or quarrel later on.
6. Though every neighbourhood has a problem or two, choose a neighbourhood that has less unwanted disturbance, so that your home is able to provide you with the much-needed solace.
7. Do take notice of how far the emergency services like hospital, police station etc. are.
Keeping these few simple things in mind, will enhance your property- buying experience.